Re: [opensuse-packaging] Devel packages: Handling factory and older releases
  • From: Johannes Meixner <jsmeix@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 11:18:57 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

On Sep 17 10:35 Michael Schroeder wrote:
On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 09:16:07AM +0200, Ludwig Nussel wrote:
Johannes Meixner wrote:
Is it somehow possible to exclude the current devel project
from the repositories where the build service looks for packages
to be installed for the build system?

That would contradict the original idea behind the devel projects.
They were meant to group related packages. In reality that's just
not the case though so such a feature would be useful to have IMO
(e.g. for devel:openSUSE:Factory).

I'd rather see the devel projects made saner.

I don't think it is you who defines what is sane and what is insane.

Doesn't it belong to the particular group of users how they
define what belongs to their devel project?

If I am right, a devel project is meant to group related packages
but what exactly makes them related belongs to the particular
group of users of the particular devel project.

In this case it belongs to them, to define which packages from
which repositories should be used to install the build system
for their particular devel project.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex