Re: [opensuse-packaging] Bringing SCPM back in the product
  • From: Philippe Andersson <pan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 15:10:10 +0200
Philipp Thomas wrote:
* Philippe Andersson (pan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) [20100915 14:20]:

accepted -- among other things, get the grips of the code in order to be
able to support it for the long term.

I've branched your branch and am looking at autoconfiscating scpm, i.e. make
it use autoconf, automake and libtool. You'll get a sr if I have something
ready to try :)
That's an excellent idea. Thanks.

Now, I know it doesn't cost much to say this. I'll have to prove that I
can actually do it. Only time will tell, I guess.

And I'll help you get your grips on maintenance.
Many thanks beforehand.

BTW, the foremost tool to
look at is quilt for managing packages with patches. See
http://nordisch.org for a quick howto. IMNSHO quilt is *the* essential tool
for a maintainer/packager.
I'll have a look into it. I've already used 'patch', but I'm not
familiar with 'quilt'.

Ph. A.

--

*Philippe Andersson*