Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-packaging] new subpackages in virtualbox-ose package
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 12:21:26 +0200
On 09/10/2010 at 11:50 AM, Michal Šebeň<mseben@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
yes exactly,
currently if user install virtualbox-ose package for the first time he
expect fully working virtualbox with qt gui and I don't want to break
this
so if user want to install virtualbox-ose and he doesn't care about
qt/gtk dependency he could install virtualbox package as before:
zypper in virtualbox-ose
but if he doesn't want to install all qt libraries (in case of pure
Gnome installation) which are needed by virtualbox-ose-qt he could use
zypper addblock:
zypper addlock virtualbox-ose-qt
zypper in virtualbox-ose
and install vboxgtk packaged by Vincent

what about a virtual symbol which we require here?
Requires (or Recommends?) virtualbox-gui
this could be provided by -qt and vboxgtk, and the 'solver' is getting what has
less transactions (IIRC). Thus on a Qr system it will prefer the -qt
version, otherwise the Gtk version.

Dominique