Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-packaging] new subpackages in virtualbox-ose package
  • From: Michal Šebeň <mseben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 11:50:36 +0200
On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 2:56 PM, Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Le jeudi 09 septembre 2010, à 12:19 +0200, Michael Schroeder a écrit :
On Wed, Sep 08, 2010 at 11:09:50PM +0200, Michal ??ebe?? wrote:
If someone comes with better idea how to split qt subpackage without
confusing users I would be glad :)

Don't we have "split-provides" for this case? See:
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Upgrade_dependencies_explanation#Splitting_and_Merging

My understanding of this (after quickly reading it) is that it helps for
upgrades. But it doesn't really help when a user installs the package
for the first time, does it? I think that would be the main issue Michal
wants to fix here.
yes exactly,
currently if user install virtualbox-ose package for the first time he
expect fully working virtualbox with qt gui and I don't want to break
this
so if user want to install virtualbox-ose and he doesn't care about
qt/gtk dependency he could install virtualbox package as before:
zypper in virtualbox-ose
but if he doesn't want to install all qt libraries (in case of pure
Gnome installation) which are needed by virtualbox-ose-qt he could use
zypper addblock:
zypper addlock virtualbox-ose-qt
zypper in virtualbox-ose
and install vboxgtk packaged by Vincent