Re: [opensuse-packaging] Package Markup / Package Tagging
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 10:30:08 +0200
Lubos Lunak <l.lunak@xxxxxxx> writes:

I really dislike the fact that the changelogs of our packages include from
users' point of view completely irrelevant developer information. If the
build service is not good enough for this on its own, it at least shouldn't
be in the package's changelog.

But the rpm changelog are meant to track packaging related changes and
references to NEWS or CHANGES files coming with the package. If the
user is not interested in packaging related issues, he must not read the
--changelog out, but stick with the contents of
/usr/share/doc/packages/<PACKAGE>/{NEWS,CHANGES} and continue with
reading from there.

--
Karl Eichwalder
R&D / Documentation