Re: [opensuse-packaging] Can someone add me to devel:languages:perl?
  • From: Stefan Seyfried <stefan.seyfried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 15:08:30 +0200
On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 14:26:31 +0200
Christian <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Stefan,

thanks for willing to contribute.
You can first modify the packages in your local branch (e.g.
home:seife:perl)

I'm doing it right now in home:seife:SLES11 and home:seife:byd, but
submitting back and forth is more effort than just fixing it up in d:l:p

(btw, OT, did anybody notice that you cannot add the d:l:p repo with an
alias "d:l:p" with "zypper ar http:///.... d:l:p"? it will silently be
ignored)

Then you can submit your changes with a "submit request". Other
maintainers will then have a chance to review and accept or decline.

Ok. Then let's do it the more complicated way ;-)

For creating new perl-Modules I recommend "cpanspec" from d:l:p. It
creates very good and nearly complete spec files.

I know, but we need to do something about the bogus "...install removes
build root ..." warnings it throws for noarch packages.

--
Stefan Seyfried

"Any ideas, John?"
"Well, surrounding them's out."