Re: [opensuse-packaging] Package Markup / Package Tagging
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 10:06:23 +0200
On 5.9.2010 12:35, Vincent Untz wrote:
On 2010-09-04 07:18:51 +0200, Bernhard Walle wrote:
Why don't you put such information in the patch header where it belongs?

it is easier to parse a few single line entries in spec files to create
stats, than tons of patch files.

Why?

Because a script to get stats about patches has to download just the
spec files, instead of downloading all patches in addition to that.

So let's rather put the burden on the packagers? Because editing a two
(three, four ... or how much metadata are you going to stuff there)
times longer spec file is so much more fun? Requiring people to do more
(boring) work just because it is then easier to gather some fancy stats
is totally crazy. I really hope this won't become an official policy.
And even if it will, I'm not going to follow it, I'm sure you will save
so much time by not improving the script that you can maintain these
annotations yourselves :-P.

Michal