Re: [opensuse-packaging] Package Markup / Package Tagging
  • From: Marcus Rueckert <darix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 14:08:56 +0200
On 2010-09-05 13:39:54 +0200, Bernhard Walle wrote:
Am 05.09.2010 12:35, schrieb Vincent Untz:

Because a script to get stats about patches has to download just the
spec files, instead of downloading all patches in addition to that.

FWIW, I'm kind of mixed here: using in-patch information is indeed good
because other distros are using this. But on the other hand, I really
like the fact that all the information is in the spec file, so I don't
have to look elsewhere -- and I used this daily when updating packages.

So you want to *duplicate* information just that the script can be kept
a bit simpler?

Normally opening a patch in my the editor (vim) is a matter of moving
the cursor to the name of the patch and typing "gf", going back is '%'.

you want to read it again. it is a script that is generating stats and
overview pages from those lines, not his editor.

the link was posted already in this thread.

darix

--
openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux
openSUSE is good for you