Re: [opensuse-packaging] Package Markup / Package Tagging
  • From: Bernhard Walle <bernhard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2010 13:39:54 +0200
Am 05.09.2010 12:35, schrieb Vincent Untz:

Because a script to get stats about patches has to download just the
spec files, instead of downloading all patches in addition to that.

FWIW, I'm kind of mixed here: using in-patch information is indeed good
because other distros are using this. But on the other hand, I really
like the fact that all the information is in the spec file, so I don't
have to look elsewhere -- and I used this daily when updating packages.

So you want to *duplicate* information just that the script can be kept
a bit simpler?

Normally opening a patch in my the editor (vim) is a matter of moving
the cursor to the name of the patch and typing "gf", going back is '%'.

Regards,
Bernhard

< Previous Next >