Re: [opensuse-packaging] Package Markup / Package Tagging
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 12:35:30 +0200
On 2010-09-04 07:18:51 +0200, Bernhard Walle wrote:
Am 03.09.10 15:50, schrieb Dominique Leuenberger:

The line is as simple as:
- Type of Patch
- Patch filename
- Whom to address in case of questions re: the patch
And a short description.

Why don't you put such information in the patch header where it belongs?

it is easier to parse a few single line entries in spec files to create
stats, than tons of patch files.

Why?

Because a script to get stats about patches has to download just the
spec files, instead of downloading all patches in addition to that.

FWIW, I'm kind of mixed here: using in-patch information is indeed good
because other distros are using this. But on the other hand, I really
like the fact that all the information is in the spec file, so I don't
have to look elsewhere -- and I used this daily when updating packages.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.