Re: [opensuse-packaging] Package Markup / Package Tagging
  • From: Lubos Lunak <l.lunak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 19:27:15 +0200
On Friday 03 of September 2010, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
Fellow packagers,

I would like to start a discussion, hopefully resulting in a packaging
policy regarding patches in our packages. Very often it is difficult to see
in a package, when a patch was added, when it was modified, when disabled,
and when deleted.

In order to address all those questions, and some more, we would like to
globally introduce (for Factory it might become mandatory; autobuild team
is considering to enforce the rule), a new policy about this.

Has the option that the build service would be actually usable as a revision
control system been considered?

This does not yet address the entire lifecycle of the patch. For this,
every touched patch needs to be mentioned, by filename, in the .changes
file.

I really dislike the fact that the changelogs of our packages include from
users' point of view completely irrelevant developer information. If the
build service is not good enough for this on its own, it at least shouldn't
be in the package's changelog.

--
Lubos Lunak
openSUSE Boosters team, KDE developer