Re: [opensuse-packaging] Package Markup / Package Tagging
  • From: Reinhard Max <max@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 19:03:51 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 3 Sep 2010 at 18:50, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:

the list is limited and is what can be found on the wiki page linked.
The valid ones are:
PATCH-{FIX|FEATURE}-{OPENSUSE|SLE|UPSTREAM}
plus a special case
PATCH-NEEDS-REBASE

Ah - I had overlooked that part. But I think there are some cases that are not covered by the list as it is:

1. Integration work that qualifies neither as a fix nor as a feature nor will it ever go upstream. The kind of stuff I usually collect under a generic packagename.patch unless there are parts that are large enough to justify a patch file of their own.

2. I wonder if there should be a specific flag for security patches (besides the fact that they often have the CVE number in the file name).

cu
Reinhard