Re: [opensuse-packaging] Package Markup / Package Tagging
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 18:50:52 +0200
On 09/03/2010 at 6:35 PM, Reinhard Max <max@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On Fri, 3 Sep 2010 at 15:50, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:

The line is as simple as:
- Type of Patch

will there be a list of patch types to select from or will the patch
type be a free form string?

the list is limited and is what can be found on the wiki page linked.
The valid ones are:
PATCH-{FIX|FEATURE}-{OPENSUSE|SLE|UPSTREAM}
plus a special case
PATCH-NEEDS-REBASE

- Patch filename

I think the patch name should not be repeated. It is already mentioned
in the respective "Patch:" tag and given a per spec file unique number
which the markup line(s) can refer to.

An interesting idea, indeed...

- Whom to address in case of questions re: the patch
And a short description.

Putting this all on a single line could easily violate the "lines
should not exceed 80 chars" rule if the description requires more than
a few words. So it should be allowed to continue the description on
the following lines and maybe even mandatory to start the description
on a separate line.

I'm not a big fan of multiline comments. But of course it is a valid idea, and
once we agree on a usable form, that fits for everybody, we will bow
to it :)
Having it all on one line makes automatic parsers easier though. Such scripts
DO exist already:
http://tmp.vuntz.net/opensuse-packages/patch.py?project=GNOME%3AFactory

Dominique