[opensuse-packaging] Automatic reminder mails for Factory submission before releases
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 14:47:07 +0200
Hi,

I'm pretty sure that many of us often realize too late they should have
submitted their packages to Factory before a milestone.

To help with this, I've created a cron job that will send a reminder
mail to opensuse-packaging the Wednesday of the week before a release.

For example, for Milestone 1, we would have received this mail on
Wednesday August 25th:

====
Subject: [reminder] openSUSE 11.4 Milestone 1 is next week

Hello all,

openSUSE 11.4 Milestone 1 will be released next week, on
Thursday 02 September 2010.

Please submit your packages before Friday afternoon (UTC time) to make
sure they will get included in this release. Leaf packages submitted
during the week-end might also get accepted on Monday.

For a quick overview of the openSUSE Roadmap, please see:
http://en.opensuse.org/Roadmap

Thanks,

--
openSUSE Roadmap Reminder
====

(improvements to the text are welcome)

Assuming it works fine, we will receive a mail for Milestone 2.

Cheers,

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas press├ęs.