Re: [opensuse-packaging] How can I produce two different builds of the same package?
  • From: Dave Plater <dplater@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 10:27:01 +0200
On 12/24/2009 10:11 AM, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 23. Dezember 2009 16:34:49 schrieb Dave Plater:

On 12/22/2009 08:14 PM, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:

On 22/12/09 14:48, Dave Plater wrote:

How does libqt4 get it right? It has three spec files libqt4,
libqt4-sql-plugins and libqt4-doc and all of the rpms from these spec
files are built in the one package.

libqt4-sql-plugins is a link to libqt4 package, exactly like you are
doing it.

No I think what I want is not possible, I want the three spec files to
build in the same package. With the link the linked package gets updated
when the main package changes but the rpms are built in the package with
the same name as the spec file. It would be a nice feature if build
service supported this.

That won't work with the current design, we want to have different spec files
in a package but selective build them. Also each package has only one build
log/history/dependencies/... so you would always need to specify a subpackage
for each package.

We definitive do not want this.

bye
adrian

Instead I should create a feature request with rpm for a %files section
that enables subpackage files to be renamed or something. I've resigned
myself to using update-alternatives or different linked packages but at
least I've learned a lot about rpm, rpmbuild and packaging in the process.
Thanks
Dave P