Re: [opensuse-packaging] Import of Fedora Packaging Guidelines
  • From: Boyd Lynn Gerber <gerberb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 11:53:50 -0600
On Tue, 3 Mar 2009, Michal Vyskocil wrote:
as you know I wrote a post about Fedora Packaging Guidelines [1]. I was
working on it during last three weeks (but a little, so it takes a long time
:)) and nowadays I'm ready to import a Fedora's content to en.opensuse.org
wiki. Now it is on pack.suse.cz [2]. I also checked that none of that page
conflicts with an existing content on openSUSE wiki, so it can be imported
easily.

Tom Callaway [3] from RedHat confirms me that a Guidelines are under Open
Publication License [4] and we can use it for SUSE without restrictions. He
was also interested on future collaboration and offers some meeting on
LinuxTag - it would be nice if anyone from SUSE will be ready to start a
discussion.

Before import I'd like to ask:

Have you done the import? I would like to use these updated Guidelines for the new project we are discussing about an openSUSE LTS or openSLES.

I think it is important that we use what ever you have done and the consensus that happened with them. I think we should have rpm lint checks that let us know where we need to make changes in openSUSE and any other SUSE related project.

Thanks,

[1] http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-packaging/2009-02/msg00043.html
[2] http://pack.suse.cz/mvyskocil/fedora-packaging-guidelines/
[3] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/TomCallaway