Re: [opensuse-packaging] Rebuilding in OBS
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 14:42:11 +0200
Le mardi 25 août 2009, à 17:32 +0200, Stephan Kulow a écrit :
Yes, this is _exactly_ what should be done. Building against snapshot should
be actually the preferred solution for all but a very limited set of projects
out there.

I'll change G:F to build against snapshot once we'll be ready to start a
fun new "let's rebuild everything in G:F" cycle. Should be sometimes
today or tomorrow.

And then there is question when to sync snapshot. Right now it's done (if I
remember) before full rebuilds, but it's possible to couple it with the
publishing of /factory/repo/oss (in theory, I have no clue about the code
in question :)

Yeah, it'd be nice to do this change. This should avoid some potential
issues where some ABI in standard and snapshots are different (in a
library that is not correctly versioned, eg).

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.