Re: [opensuse-packaging] Packages that need a new maintainer
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 15:59:23 +0200
On 8/20/2009 at 15:55, Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Le jeudi 20 août 2009, à 15:39 +0200, Cristian Morales Vega a écrit :
2009/8/20 Stefan Seyfried <seife@xxxxxxx>:
libebml | yes | needed by mkvtoolnix
libmatroska | yes | needed by mkvtoolnix
mkvtoolnix | yes | easy to maintain, but I don't use it

Nowadays I don't use it so much, but I know it. I can maintain them...
just, how do you know about new releases? There is no ML, news RSS or
anything similar. I just set the osc overview plugin for mkvtoolnix
from Freshmeat, but there is no info available for the libraries.

I can add the metadata to the database behind osc gnome, if you want.
"osc gnome todo" will let you know when there's an update, and you could
even use "osc gnome update" to do a good part of the update to a new
upstream version.

Vincent,

With all those updates it might almost become interesting for a user to
'subscribe' to packages he's interested in to update.
Like this:
osc gnome subscribe GNOME:Factory evolution
osc gnome subscribe GNOME:Factory evolution-data-server

And then an invocation of
osc gnome todo -M
would list all the packages I am subscribed to.

Basically shifting the focus from 'project' as we have now to a 'user' view. (I
chose -M as parameter as osc rq list uses -M to show (M)y requests
too).

With users being 'responsible' for packages cluttered all over the places this
could really be an interesting feature (but would require sufficient
backend power to track it).

Any comments / denials / implementations are welcome. (Denials of course a bit
less).

Dominique