Re: [opensuse-packaging] Automatic Dependencies of libraries
  • From: Cristian Morales Vega <cmorve69@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 11:54:18 +0200
2009/8/19 Michael Matz <matz@xxxxxxx>:
Hi,

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009, Cristian Morales Vega wrote:

Could not the first argument of every dlopen call be obtained from the
ELF file? Perhaps if debuginfo is available could be done?

char *n = construct_something();
l = dlopen (n, RTLD_LAZY);

D'oh!

Since this came... I sometimes read about rpm dependency extractors for
java/python/mono/whatever, but I don't really package too much things in
non-compiled languages and I never follow it. Righy now, exactly when
RPM can extract dependencies automatically? For compiled languages/ELF
binaries and... something else?

/usr/lib/rpm/find-requires [1]

Thanks.