Re: [opensuse-packaging] Automatic Dependencies of libraries
  • From: Michael Matz <matz@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 11:38:48 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009, Cristian Morales Vega wrote:

Could not the first argument of every dlopen call be obtained from the
ELF file? Perhaps if debuginfo is available could be done?

char *n = construct_something();
l = dlopen (n, RTLD_LAZY);

Since this came... I sometimes read about rpm dependency extractors for
java/python/mono/whatever, but I don't really package too much things in
non-compiled languages and I never follow it. Righy now, exactly when
RPM can extract dependencies automatically? For compiled languages/ELF
binaries and... something else?

/usr/lib/rpm/find-requires [1]

(The other find* scripts in there might interest you too).

Ciao,
Michael.
[1] In short: ELF objects, script interpreters, mono executables, kernel
symbols. Support for perl modules exists, but requirement generation
is deactivated (it automatically generates provides, though).
Support for tcl and python modules is prepared but not implemented.