Re: [opensuse-packaging] Packagers Section in Weekly News
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 11:00:45 +0200
Am Mittwoch, 19. August 2009 10:37:07 schrieb Sascha 'saigkill' Manns:
Hello Mates,

today i got an interesting Idea in our Weekly News Survey. An User asks
for an own Packaging Section. He mean that that is an place for
Packagers to announce fixed Packages (with an Bugzilla Reference).
So the Weekly News Format is maybe:

* Bugzilla-Number and Summary
* Package and Version
* Date and Packager
* Free Text: What is changed. (Short Issue).

Exists interesting about that Idea? Would Packager like to announce
through the Weekly News?

This boils down to an improved changelog system, where the package can
classify the change type (eg, bugfix/security-fix/feature-addition/version
update/minor change/... ).

So this could get filtered more easier afterwards.

We spoke about that since the beginning of OBS development, but so far no real
concept how this could look alike is created. If someone starts to write a
concept paper for that (how to store this, how packagers can deal with it and
how you can search via it) it would be great :)

bye
adrian

--

Adrian Schroeter