Re: [opensuse-packaging] Automatic Dependencies of libraries
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 08:31:16 +0200
On 19/08/2009 at 12:44 AM, Cristian Morales Vega <cmorve69@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I think the whole confusion is because of ldd. ldd does *not* lists
the needed dependencies of a library, it lists the whole library
dependency tree in the *current* system. ldd output for the same file
can be different in different machines.

Thanks for this explanation. This really explains the confusion. I blindly
assumed that the rpm dependency should somewhat reflect the ldd output.

Everyday the knowledge of a human being increses.. Thanks for this.

Dominique