[opensuse-packaging] Is Xvid allowed in factory?
  • From: Dave Plater <dave.plater@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 20:10:34 +0200
Hi, I'm packaging blender-2.49a as an upgrade for eventual submission to
factory. The original source package contained xvidcore and I was
advised to remove it. I am surprised as it contained a gnu v2 license
and http://www.xvid.org claims it is an open source alternative to
mpeg-4. Further googling finds this statement " /XviD/ is an ISO MPEG-4
compliant video codec." but brings up no trace of legal battles or such.
I have honored the instruction to remove it but I just wondered if
anyone knows why?
Regards
Dave P