Re: [opensuse-packaging] Reminder: milestone6 next week
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 16:29:15 +0200
Am Mittwoch 12 August 2009 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
Hi,

Just reminding everyone that next week is one of the more important
releases: milestone6 aka "all packages have their final version" milestone.
Also next monday is crypto freeze, so please don't act suprised if we
reject your packages.

To make sure we can release M6 really next week, I won't check packages
next week that are risky or trigger a lot of packages, so please make
friday for such stuff.

And remember, that M6 is not the end of 11.2 development, so don't rush
things in that won't work, but talk to me about a delay. I'm really a nice
guy when people are nice to me ;)

As people on IRC proved that developers need all informations everytime, I
feel obliged to quote my own mail:

- Milestone6 will be released on August 20 and this should have then also
include the most recent version of all packages and the implementation of
all features. This would then also include string freeze after the
features were reviewed and the texts proofread.
- Milestone7 will then integrate the first translations and we can verify
the features localized.

So feel the translators on your back if you haven't delivered your POT yet.

Greetings, Stephan