Re: [opensuse-packaging] New packages for factory
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 13:35:10 +0200
On 2009-08-10T14:27:02, Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
In that 4.07 work days we managed to build and release a milestone 5,
checked in 315 packages, several of them new packages. And then you
come along and ask for "your two packages" - which is of course
completely reasonable to expect everyone to know which "two packages"
you refer to and when I go and dig out your submitrequests and tell you
that everything is fine about them, you tell me names. Sure, entirely
reasonable!

I guess this unreasonableness can be somewhat explained by a lack of
transparency.

To flog that dead horse again, if this was tracked in bugzilla, everyone
could see who is looking at the request etc, without needing to flood a
mailing list.

Oh right, because we all know that "two weeks of silence" is _nothing_ when
it comes to bugzilla.

But it would be clear who owns the task and documented what is done so far (if
at all).

I think the objection here is that his is a black box and people don't know
what's happening, transparency should help here,

Andreas
--
Andreas Jaeger, aj@{novell.com,opensuse.org}
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany