Re: [opensuse-packaging] New packages for factory
  • From: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 12:14:48 +0200
On 2009-08-10T14:27:02, Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

In that 4.07 work days we managed to build and release a milestone 5, checked
in 315 packages, several of them new packages. And then you come along and ask
for "your two packages" - which is of course completely reasonable to expect
everyone to know which "two packages" you refer to and when I go and dig out
your submitrequests and tell you that everything is fine about them, you tell
me names. Sure, entirely reasonable!

I guess this unreasonableness can be somewhat explained by a lack of
transparency.

To flog that dead horse again, if this was tracked in bugzilla, everyone
could see who is looking at the request etc, without needing to flood a
mailing list.

To be honest, something like suse-dist will _never_ scale to openSUSE;
it didn't even scale when we were just a closed company.

Regards,
Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA, OPS Engineering, Novell, Inc.