Re: [opensuse-packaging] package build in failed state, although rpms build successfully
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 10:44:49 +0200
Am Freitag, 7. August 2009 10:37:43 schrieb Hans-Peter Jansen:
Am Donnerstag, 6. August 2009 schrieb Hans-Peter Jansen:
Am Donnerstag, 6. August 2009 schrieb Adrian Schröter:
Am Donnerstag, 6. August 2009 10:20:06 schrieb Hans-Peter Jansen:
Dear Adrian,

Am Donnerstag, 6. August 2009 schrieb Adrian Schröter:
Am Donnerstag, 6. August 2009 09:38:26 schrieb Hans-Peter Jansen:
Hi,

I've build python-qt4 in BS (again), and now I found them in
failed state although the build was successful, and rpms are
generated.

You can look yourself:
home:frispete:branches:KDE:Qt
home:frispete:branches:KDE:KDE4:Factory:Desktop

Could somebody give me an advise, what's wrong here?

Could you leave a word about the main issue here?

you don't package the directories. That mean when a user installs the
package and deinstall it again, these directories will not get removed.

Therefore this check exists to validate that all directories are
packaged.

Okay, after %dir'ing those, all builds are green - apart from factory,
which is still blocked and unfortunately what I'm using here (because I
need PyQt built against current Qt for a few new features in those - See my
other mail: "[opensuse-packaging] Using other repos without rebuilding
them"). Thus I cannot test them ATM.

you can test this at any time via "osc build openSUSE_Factory i586" on your
workstation. So you can ensure that it builds and the server will not fail
when it has time to build it.

Hmm, this does not explain, why this problem only affects some
distributions, but not others:
e.g. 11.1 is affected, but not 11.0 nor 10.3? SLES 11 is, but not SLES
10?

Does this reflect a change in rpmlint policy?

A brief answer would still be nice.

The problem exists also before, but the check is relative new, it seems.

We try to improve our distro with each release ;)

bye
adrian

--

Adrian Schroeter