Re: [opensuse-packaging] package build in failed state, although rpms build successfully
  • From: "Hans-Peter Jansen" <hpj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 10:37:43 +0200
Am Donnerstag, 6. August 2009 schrieb Hans-Peter Jansen:
Am Donnerstag, 6. August 2009 schrieb Adrian Schröter:
Am Donnerstag, 6. August 2009 10:20:06 schrieb Hans-Peter Jansen:
Dear Adrian,

Am Donnerstag, 6. August 2009 schrieb Adrian Schröter:
Am Donnerstag, 6. August 2009 09:38:26 schrieb Hans-Peter Jansen:
Hi,

I've build python-qt4 in BS (again), and now I found them in
failed state although the build was successful, and rpms are
generated.

You can look yourself:
home:frispete:branches:KDE:Qt
home:frispete:branches:KDE:KDE4:Factory:Desktop

Could somebody give me an advise, what's wrong here?

Could you leave a word about the main issue here?

you don't package the directories. That mean when a user installs the
package and deinstall it again, these directories will not get removed.

Therefore this check exists to validate that all directories are
packaged.

Okay, after %dir'ing those, all builds are green - apart from factory, which
is still blocked and unfortunately what I'm using here (because I need PyQt
built against current Qt for a few new features in those - See my other
mail: "[opensuse-packaging] Using other repos without rebuilding them").
Thus I cannot test them ATM.

Hmm, this does not explain, why this problem only affects some
distributions, but not others:
e.g. 11.1 is affected, but not 11.0 nor 10.3? SLES 11 is, but not SLES
10?

Does this reflect a change in rpmlint policy?

A brief answer would still be nice.

Pete