[opensuse-packaging] Re: python modules as noarch
  • From: Jan Matejek <jan.matejek@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 16:44:24 +0200
Dne 5.8.2009 13:30, Stephan Kulow napsal(a):
Am Montag 03 August 2009 schrieb Jan Matejek:
Fellow python packagers,

here's something i've been working on during and post-hackweek, and that
is adopting some of Fedora's modifications so that we can build pure
python modules as noarch.

At the moment, this is enabled in OBS project
devel:languages:python:Factory (and the corresponding
"bleeding_edge_python" repositories in devel:languages:python) and used
successfully in python-setuptools package.
I'll be submitting to Factory shortly and i'd love to have this feature
in 11.2. But be aware, this might (and will) break things.

Then why do you submit the package after the feature deadline? I'm against
such "let's break more packages" features after the deadline.

Sorry about that. I needed to finish some tests, and since my submit to
BETA was never accepted (beta is dead by now, i understand?), i didn't
want to submit until everything was successfully rebuilt in OBS.

Anyway, if you reject the change now, that's OK - i'll revert the change
and redo it first thing after 11.2 release.
But please accept or reject it ASAP, so that i can either start fixing
the breakage or stop worrying about it.

regards
m.

Greetings, Stephan