Re: [opensuse-packaging] python modules as noarch
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 13:30:02 +0200
Am Montag 03 August 2009 schrieb Jan Matejek:
Fellow python packagers,

here's something i've been working on during and post-hackweek, and that
is adopting some of Fedora's modifications so that we can build pure
python modules as noarch.

At the moment, this is enabled in OBS project
devel:languages:python:Factory (and the corresponding
"bleeding_edge_python" repositories in devel:languages:python) and used
successfully in python-setuptools package.
I'll be submitting to Factory shortly and i'd love to have this feature
in 11.2. But be aware, this might (and will) break things.

Then why do you submit the package after the feature deadline? I'm against
such "let's break more packages" features after the deadline.

Greetings, Stephan