Re: [opensuse-packaging] unstripped binary warning
  • From: Cristian Morales Vega <cmorve69@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 18:45:20 +0200
2009/8/3 Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>:
Am Montag 03 August 2009 schrieb Tony Jones:
On Sun, Aug 02, 2009 at 10:48:53PM +0200, Cristian Morales Vega wrote:
I'm obeying RPM_OPT_FLAGS for the build so no -g (confirmed with V=1)
and debuginfo generation is disabled for this package.

Always happens.

Ah.  Would seem stripping the files in !debug mode (osc build vs osc build
-d) or changing the warning would be a good idea.

I'm actually all for removing that warning completely as we saw so many wrong
fixes ;(

I would do the automatic stripping always... and yes, if the files are
going to be stripped automatically the warning doesn't makes sense
anymore.