Re: [opensuse-packaging] unstripped binary warning
  • From: Tony Jones <tonyj@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 21:09:12 -0700
On Sun, Aug 02, 2009 at 10:48:53PM +0200, Cristian Morales Vega wrote:

I'm obeying RPM_OPT_FLAGS for the build so no -g (confirmed with V=1) and
debuginfo generation is disabled for this package.

Always happens.

Ah. Would seem stripping the files in !debug mode (osc build vs osc build -d)
or changing the warning would be a good idea.

is a strip and there is no warning. But if you don't create the debug
packages, strip is never called... and it seems there is some extra
sections, not only debug ones, that should be stripped (from a quick
test,.symtab and .strtab?).

Right.

I was aware that you could enable debuginfo builds via the project setting
but is that mandatory? It being an option made me think it was optional ;-)

Thanks

Tony