[opensuse-packaging] Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Build Service Project Cleanup Round
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 09:42:31 +0200
Am Montag, 22. Juni 2009 23:05:12 schrieb Dirk Müller:
On Monday 22 June 2009, Adrian Schröter wrote:
we got more than 6500 projects since the start of the opensuse.org Build
Service instance (plus the projects which got removed again by their
owners). These projects contain more than 13000 repositories, which get
need to get in sync by our service.

I think some parts can obviously be cleaned up, like removing repositories
of discontinued products

this happens usually, when I move a base distro to DISCONTINUED space.

or duplicate ones (at least one big repository
builds SUSE_Linux_Factory and openSUSE_Factory for example).

erm, which one ?

Unfortunately
I can not delete those repositories myself because there is at least one
home:*:branch:* project building against it :(

yes, we need a force option for this ...

This takes obviously resources on the server side and quite a number of
these projects are not touched since a while. So I assume they are not
needed anymore.

did we analyze which ones are still frequently accessed (downloaded)?

No, I didn't. In fact I think even when they are frequently downloaded, they
should get resetled somewhere else, by someone who cares about. It just
increases the risk of not seen security holes or different problems, when they
are not maintained.

We have basically 961 "old projects" and further 2300 empty projects (no
packages inside).

most of them appear to be home projects which are probably simply not used.
do they have repositories if they don't have packages? those could easily
be removed then, right?

Right, these are around 900 from 2300 empty projects again, which I will
remove today. (If no one objects right now).
--

Adrian Schroeter
SUSE Linux Products GmbH