[opensuse-packaging] Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Build Service Project Cleanup Round
  • From: Dirk Müller <dmueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 23:05:12 +0200
On Monday 22 June 2009, Adrian Schröter wrote:

we got more than 6500 projects since the start of the opensuse.org Build
Service instance (plus the projects which got removed again by their
owners). These projects contain more than 13000 repositories, which get
need to get in sync by our service.

I think some parts can obviously be cleaned up, like removing repositories of
discontinued products or duplicate ones (at least one big repository builds
SUSE_Linux_Factory and openSUSE_Factory for example). Unfortunately I can not
delete those repositories myself because there is at least one home:*:branch:*
project building against it :(

This takes obviously resources on the server side and quite a number of
these projects are not touched since a while. So I assume they are not
needed anymore.

did we analyze which ones are still frequently accessed (downloaded)?

We have basically 961 "old projects" and further 2300 empty projects (no
packages inside).

most of them appear to be home projects which are probably simply not used. do
they have repositories if they don't have packages? those could easily be
removed then, right?

Greetings,
Dirk