Re: [opensuse-packaging] looking for a workaround: library not found in configure script
  • From: Werner Flamme <werner.flamme@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 15:47:08 +0200
Marcus Meissner [22.06.2009 14:49]:
On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 02:32:42PM +0200, Werner Flamme wrote:
Dominique Leuenberger [22.06.2009 13:54]:
On 6/22/2009 at 13:46, Werner Flamme <werner.flamme@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
Hrmph. Nonsense. When I do (as root) "ln -s libgnutls-openssl.so.26
libgnutls-openssl.so" inside the %{_libdir}, everything works fine from
then on (without using "ldconfig" manually). Unfortunately, I cannot put
this line into the spec file since the package isn't built as root, and
the "abuild" user has no rights to create the symlink.
Add
BuildRequires: libgnutls-devel
to your spec file.

*.so are always part of the -devel packages. (exceptions apply like to
every rule)
Thanks Dominique,

at the moment the BuildRequires line reads:

BuildRequires: librsync openssl-devel glibc-devel libgcc gcc gcc-c++
bison flex libtasn1-devel libgnutls-devel libgnutls-extra26 libopenssl-devel

so libgnutls-devel already is inside the BuildRequires line.
Unfortunately, the package does not create
/usr/lib64/libgnutls-openssl.so, but /usr/lib64/libgnutls-openssl.so.26
(which in turn is a symlink to libgnutls-openssl.so.26.1.3). Until now,
I only tried 11.0 and 11.1, and this problem exists on both systems when
building x86_64 or i586.

/usr/lib64/libgnutls-openssl.so is in the RPM "libgnutls-extra-devel", however
this is the compat link for openssl-devel, so not sure why both are needed.

Perhaps it is not required.

Marcus,

adding libgnutls-extra-devel to the BuildRequires line did the trick!

Hmmm... I added libgnutls-extra26-devel before, but that package did not
exist, but instead of using libgnutls-extra-devel then I left it away
completely. Dumb me :-(

Thank you!

Regards,
Werner