Re: [opensuse-packaging] looking for a workaround: library not found in configure script
  • From: Werner Flamme <werner.flamme@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 14:32:42 +0200
Dominique Leuenberger [22.06.2009 13:54]:
On 6/22/2009 at 13:46, Werner Flamme <werner.flamme@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
Hrmph. Nonsense. When I do (as root) "ln -s libgnutls-openssl.so.26
libgnutls-openssl.so" inside the %{_libdir}, everything works fine from
then on (without using "ldconfig" manually). Unfortunately, I cannot put
this line into the spec file since the package isn't built as root, and
the "abuild" user has no rights to create the symlink.

Add
BuildRequires: libgnutls-devel
to your spec file.

*.so are always part of the -devel packages. (exceptions apply like to every
rule)

Thanks Dominique,

at the moment the BuildRequires line reads:

BuildRequires: librsync openssl-devel glibc-devel libgcc gcc gcc-c++
bison flex libtasn1-devel libgnutls-devel libgnutls-extra26 libopenssl-devel

so libgnutls-devel already is inside the BuildRequires line.
Unfortunately, the package does not create
/usr/lib64/libgnutls-openssl.so, but /usr/lib64/libgnutls-openssl.so.26
(which in turn is a symlink to libgnutls-openssl.so.26.1.3). Until now,
I only tried 11.0 and 11.1, and this problem exists on both systems when
building x86_64 or i586.

Regards,
Werner