[opensuse-packaging] looking for a workaround: library not found in configure script
  • From: Werner Flamme <werner.flamme@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 13:46:28 +0200
Hi,

I try to package csync2 (http://oss.linbit.com/csync2/) and I got an
annoying problem.

When starting "osc build openSUSE_11.0 x86_64 csync2.spec" it starts to
build the build-root and continues up to the %configure section. Here I get
---snip---
checking for SSL_new in -lgnutls-openssl... no
configure: error: gnutls-openssl not found; install gnutls,
gnutls-openssl and libtasn1 packages for your system or run configure
with --disable-gnutls
---pins---

Hrmph. Nonsense. When I do (as root) "ln -s libgnutls-openssl.so.26
libgnutls-openssl.so" inside the %{_libdir}, everything works fine from
then on (without using "ldconfig" manually). Unfortunately, I cannot put
this line into the spec file since the package isn't built as root, and
the "abuild" user has no rights to create the symlink.

How can I work around this? Create a dummy package that creates the
symlink in the %post section and that is required by the csync2 package?

Regards,
Werner