Re: [opensuse-packaging] Another side effect of opening factory
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 12:37:54 +0200
Am Donnerstag 18 Juni 2009 schrieb Vincent Untz:
Le jeudi 18 juin 2009, à 13:51 +0200, Stephan Kulow a écrit :
For 1) I did some scripting to find out where the differences are
if I would sr all packages _NOW_ (while pdb is still active). The
list of changes is impressive, but I will filter out less important
cases (e.g. where only the changelog is affected - as this will still be
reformated in the future): http://www.suse.de/~coolo/spec_patches/
We may end up checkin in these diffs without spamming opensuse-commit,
just so you know if your branched package broke (IMO it's very unlikely
it will as this affects mostly packages without active development).

Just wondering: I'm considering removing the "Authors" part of all
descriptions (sometimes it's very long, and it's really not up-to-date
anyway). Is this something that could be done in a similar fashion?

No, we don't touch the %descriptions at all anymore. I would suggest we offer
a script that does what you suggest to the topic groups for them to run. I
wouldn't make it a policy.

Greetings, Stephan