[opensuse-packaging] Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Build Service Project Cleanup Round
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 11:59:58 +0200
On 6/22/2009 at 11:43, Adrian Schröter<adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

we got more than 6500 projects since the start of the opensuse.org Build
Service instance (plus the projects which got removed again by their
owners).
These projects contain more than 13000 repositories, which get need to get
in
sync by our service.

This takes obviously resources on the server side and quite a number of
these
projects are not touched since a while. So I assume they are not needed
anymore.

So I think it is a good idea to free the resources from these projects and
give it to us active people :)

This will basically affect all projects, where no source changes happened
since 1 year or more.

We have basically 961 "old projects" and further 2300 empty projects (no
packages inside).

As most of the projects listed are home: projects, I would possibly consider
(by script means of course) sending an email to those users. All of them
should have a registered email address.

Some users might be reminded of the fact that they have an OBS account and
possible re-instated in the active community.

Dominique