Re: [opensuse-packaging] Build Service Project Cleanup Round
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 11:51:41 +0200
Le lundi 22 juin 2009, à 11:43 +0200, Adrian Schröter a écrit :

Hello,

we got more than 6500 projects since the start of the opensuse.org Build
Service instance (plus the projects which got removed again by their owners).
These projects contain more than 13000 repositories, which get need to get in
sync by our service.

This takes obviously resources on the server side and quite a number of these
projects are not touched since a while. So I assume they are not needed
anymore.

So I think it is a good idea to free the resources from these projects and
give it to us active people :)

This will basically affect all projects, where no source changes happened
since 1 year or more.

We have basically 961 "old projects" and further 2300 empty projects (no
packages inside).

A FAQ and a full list of "old projects" can be found here. Please speak up,
when you think this is no propper approach or if you want to support this :)

http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Regular_Cleanup

I think it'd make sense to send a mail to the maintainers of those
projects before doing anything (and wait ~10 days).

Also, it'd probably be nice to move the data (source, not packages) to
somewhere where it can be recovered, instead of just wiping it...

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.