Re: [opensuse-packaging] cyclic repo dependencies (Gnome in first place)
  • From: Dirk Müller <dmueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 19:14:49 +0200
On Friday 19 June 2009, Vincent Untz wrote:

Here's the issue: GNOME:Factory/openSUSE_11.1 needs some stuff to be
backported (since openSUSE:11.1 doesn't have everything it needs) to
build. However, some of the stuff in GNOME:Backports/openSUSE_11.1 also
needs packages that exist in GNOME:Factory/openSUSE_11.1 to build.

Sure, we could let it build against openSUSE:11.1 and assume it will
work fine, but we want to go the safe way.

So what would be a good way to organize this?

how about splitting the stuff in GNOME:Backports that needs stuff in
GNOME:Factory to build into something else, like GNOME:Platform or something
like that?

alternatively _aggregate those packages that you need to break the build
cycle. thats not as nice, but fixes it as well.

Greetings,
Dirk