Re: [opensuse-packaging] Another side effect of opening factory
  • From: Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 17:22:27 +0200
Stefan Behlert schrieb:
(sorry if this wasn't clear, I meant: the build service always adds the
data from .changes to %changelog and commits it; I hate that, I want to
keep an empty %changelog since .changes is better structured, more
readable, etc.)

I think you could add somethign like
%changelog
(nothing)

and then that section does not get updated - not sure if that's the correct
syntax, though. Darix?
thats not the obs. those are the autobuild scripts.

Doesn't matter who does it - it simply blows up the spec-file, and wastes
space in the packages :)

Not sure what you all want so just to make that clear from my pov:
I like the *.changes file (and times being UTC as discussed is fine) and
I don't like the changes to be propagated into the saved specfile.
What we absolutely need though is to have it in the package while
building to have the changelog information in the rpm metadata.

Wolfgang