Remove .changes was Re: [opensuse-packaging] Another side effect of opening factory
  • From: Pavol Rusnak <prusnak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 14:00:19 +0200
Michael Matz wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009, Vincent Untz wrote:

Does this mean there will be another external authorative source for
this kind of information in the future (thus, the .spec files will
be edited automatically again)? Or can the local file that the
.spec
They will be formatted - to add the changelog for example. but the
attributes and the texts do not have another source from what I
understood.
Is there any reason we put the changelog data in %changelog since the
data is in .changes files??

No. If you did or do that, you're wasting time. %changelog was and will
be rewritten from the content of .changes. We for instance never cared
for %changelog sections in .spec files, only for .changes files. Simply
leave the section empty (I'm not sure what happens if you leave it out
alltogether, so just empty it).

Right. If you leave it out, rpmlint will emit a warning. But I have
another question: isn't now a good time to get rid off .changes files
completely? (+adjusting tools like vc and osc)

--
Best Regards / S pozdravom,

Pavol RUSNAK SUSE LINUX, s.r.o
Package Maintainer Lihovarska 1060/12