Re: [opensuse-packaging] Another side effect of opening factory
  • From: Michael Matz <matz@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 05:46:28 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009, Vincent Untz wrote:

Does this mean there will be another external authorative source for
this kind of information in the future (thus, the .spec files will
be edited automatically again)? Or can the local file that the
.spec
They will be formatted - to add the changelog for example. but the
attributes and the texts do not have another source from what I
understood.

Is there any reason we put the changelog data in %changelog since the
data is in .changes files??

No. If you did or do that, you're wasting time. %changelog was and will
be rewritten from the content of .changes. We for instance never cared
for %changelog sections in .spec files, only for .changes files. Simply
leave the section empty (I'm not sure what happens if you leave it out
alltogether, so just empty it).

Ciao,
Michael.