Re: [opensuse-packaging] Another side effect of opening factory
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 23:07:04 +0200
Le jeudi 18 juin 2009, à 19:45 +0200, Stephan Kulow a écrit :
On Thursday 18 June 2009 18:04:51 Richard Guenther wrote:
For 2) you need to act: if your spec file is generated from a vcs, then
you need to merge texts and attributes back into the template. If you
have a package using a script to generate the spec file, then you need to
enhance the script.

Does this mean there will be another external authorative source for
this kind of information in the future (thus, the .spec files will
be edited automatically again)? Or can the local file that the .spec
They will be formatted - to add the changelog for example. but the attributes
and the texts do not have another source from what I understood.

Is there any reason we put the changelog data in %changelog since the
data is in .changes files?? Can't we just let it happen during the build
and not have this in the spec files in the obs? This would make them
much shorter, which would be a good thing, I think.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.