Re: [opensuse-packaging] Another side effect of opening factory
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 19:45:14 +0200
On Thursday 18 June 2009 18:04:51 Richard Guenther wrote:
For 2) you need to act: if your spec file is generated from a vcs, then
you need to merge texts and attributes back into the template. If you
have a package using a script to generate the spec file, then you need to
enhance the script.

Does this mean there will be another external authorative source for
this kind of information in the future (thus, the .spec files will
be edited automatically again)? Or can the local file that the .spec
They will be formatted - to add the changelog for example. but the attributes
and the texts do not have another source from what I understood.

files are generated from be the "master" copy - in which case I don't
see the need to enhance the scripts but only do a manual merge once?
That highly depends on what your script does I guess. I know that yast
packages have "Summary: -" in their svn, I know that bundle-lang had

Greetings, Stephan