Re: [opensuse-packaging] automake 1.11 in the queue
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 10:48:24 +0200
Am Dienstag 16 Juni 2009 schrieb Vincent Untz:
Le mardi 16 juin 2009, à 11:05 +0200, Richard Guenther a écrit :
On Tue, 16 Jun 2009, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Hi,

Philipp submitted automake 1.11 to go into openSUSE:Factory and as it's
the nature of automake updates - they break a lot of packages.

On the way fixing your packages you should consider not to re-create
the autogenerated files in you .spec processing as this is generally
considered a bad thing to do. If you have patches to automake/autoconf
related files consider providing patches to the autogenerated parts
as well and use the same automake/autoconf version to generate them
as upstream did.

Well. It would certainly help to have the non-latest versions of
automake in Factory to do this.

If you think it's the smaller evil, I suggest we find a volunteer to maintain
them. automake is already well prepared to have several versions installed in
parallel. the "automake" package and binary should still always be the latest
version.

Greetings, Stephan