Re: [opensuse-packaging] error: invalid conversion from 'const char*' to 'char*'
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 10:17:30 +0200
On Friday 05 June 2009 02:42:31 Petr Baudis wrote:
By the way, I just created a sr for another glibc update that might
induce some build failures - in glibc-2.8, namespace pollution of many
header files was fixed and many definitions are now guarded by USE_GNU
etc.; at that time, this introduced too many build failures so we
reverted this change for the time being, but by now, I think most
applications should have been fixed.

I still would like to see a "porting guide" for the applications failing to
build. Many of our packages do not see updates so often that a new glibc has
any impact upstream.

I see errors like this (random picks):
error: 'struct hostent' has no member named 'h_addr'
sys/syslog.h:88: error: 'NULL' undeclared here (not in a function)
error: 'INT_MAX' undeclared (first use in this function)

Greetings, Stephan