[opensuse-packaging] Packaging big files
  • From: Cristian Morales Vega <cmorve69@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 20:49:40 +0200
What is the best way to package big/redistribution restricted files?
Packman seems to use http://sourceforge.net/projects/autodownloader,
but it has the problem that it isn't integrated with RPM. From an user
POV you still get updates automatically, but you can't use rpm -V to
check the installation integrity.

There is anything better? Any plan for repositories with metadata that
point to BitTorrent packages? A patched rpmbuild that adds the RPM
headers for unpackaged files that get downloaded in a %pre scriptlet?
In the worst case... from a quick look I didn't saw anything, but
there is any library to easily access to the RPM DB so I could patch
autodownloader? addFile(package, file_path)?

...and, we have any official "limit" to the file size of a package?
When it's a problem for mirrors?