Re: [opensuse-packaging] Are server:database OBS project alive?
  • From: Vitaliy Tomin <highwaystar.ru@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 22:49:11 +0900
I accepted your sr, looks nice and it looks like you know what are you
doing. I've got some minor changes, I'll commit them after that. Are you
firebird user? Are you interested in firebird package? I can give you
commit rights to firebird package and let you at least co-maintain it
(maybe maintain it)... If you want to take care of firebird package,
I've some other things I want to discuss with you...

--
Michal Hrusecky

Package Maintainer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o
e-mail: mhrusecky@xxxxxxx

I'm dont using firebird at all. 1st time I installed it under linux
was when new packages succesfully built. All that i do with firebird
ever are some simple db apps on Delphi.

I've tried to built actual firebird package, when an user from
#opensuse.ru ask why packages in server:database too old, and not
built for 11.1. That user also asks why suse have no php-firebird
package.

At all i dont know any linux apps using firebird, to ever test if
server works fine. I've tested new packages only with isql.

Not sure if i can maintain firebird, because i'm not use it, only if
co-mantain for packages updates, build fixes.